There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

This Sweater is Cursed

I've been spending my little blogging hiatus going to Christmas parties, being sick and working feverishly on Dad's sweater. Sunday I managaed to finish the sleeves, attach them and start the the shoulder shaping. Last night I was one repeat away from finishing the shaping and I realized that I had misread the pattern (ok sweater not cursed, I just can't read) and I have to rip back everything from the white line up.



I nearly cried last night when I noticed. Carl made me put down my knitting and step away. I woke up this morning to learn that I could save 7 rows more than I thought I could last night. I threw in a safety line and now I'm going to frog. I thought I was going to have this done by Christmas but now I'm just not sure.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

good luck! a sweater is a lot of work! Did you read the Yarn Harlot's posting about knitting for gifts/deadline? Apparently much cursing and alcohol is required!