There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Techniques



My entrelac shawl is coming along swimmingly but I couldn't help but think that it would knit up faster if I didn't have to turn my work at the end of every row. So I went on youtube this morning and found the following video on knitting backwards.

Because you can't just watch one video on youtube I just found this. Is it weird that I think these are cool?






I always thought this was going to be a hard technique but its not! Its a little awkward but if I continue to use it as I work on this shawl I think I will perfect the technique! The shawl is getting way too big to keep turning it every 8 stitches...this is going to be a life saver.

I was going to dye yesterday but I was feeling rather uninspired so I decided to stay home and veg and I'm glad I did. Don't worry though I'll be back in the kitchen next weekend so there will be another update in March.


But then there's this. I love the EZ reference!



Ok I'm going to stop now. Have a good sunday.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL! Nice videos!

And the shawl looks awesome! Good luck with the backwards knitting!

Natalie Rush said...

Nice videos!

I started using the knitting backwards technique for my entrelac socks and now I'm using it for any stockinette stich knit flat. I used it for a square I knit and my sock heel flap! :) LOVE IT!