There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

New York

One of the things I love about living in New York City is the theatre. Tonight I went to see Les Liaisons Dangereuses with some friends I met through knitting. The play was amazing. Laura Linney was ok as La Marquise de Merteuil but I think Glenn Close was much better at being evil and deceptive in the Danergous Liaisons the movie version. The actor playing Valmont,Ben Daniels, though was absolutely wonderful. He's a wonderful actor and he looks pretty damn good naked! Many of the patrons though we awful. The worst of which were this young Russian couple who were literally fighting at the begining of the play. I have shushed someone in a theatre (movie or otherwise) before. These people were so bad I actually told them to shut up. When did people get so rude?

Anyway, after the play we went to this dive bar which serves free hot dogs with your beer/cocktail. We grabbed a table outside and enjoyed some drinks and a couple dogs. It's super hot in the city this weekend so eventually we just couldn't take it anymore and decided to part ways. I think the group went off to do something, either together or separate but I saw a cab and grabbed it. I came home to a sleeping Carl and promptly put him to bed. Now that I have the apartment to myself I think I'll watch a little Vicar of Dibley till I get sleepy enough and get some zzz's myself.

I'm somewhat cowl sweater is almost to the point where I can put the sleeves on some waste yarn. Once I do that it will start to actually look like something. No pictures till then becuase it will just look like a brown blob.

I hope you all have had a great night.

No comments: