There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Why is it that I'm always playing catch up?

Once again I’m behind on my weekly questions for Secret Pal 12 so let’s catch up shall we…

1) What yarn (that you don't have/haven't used) would make your stash "complete"?


Oh what a hard question…I’d love to try some Wollmeise and I’ve never had any Socks that Rock ooo maybe some Malabrigo. I have a pattern to make these awesome loafers and boots that are made from Malabrigo worsted. OOO and I’d love to knit something for 100% cashmere.


2) What yarn do you never want to be without?


Any sock yarn that’s yummy, I know yummy is a pretty general term but the sockwhores know what I’m talking about. That’s right I just called myself a sockwhore, I’m ok with this. As long as I have sock yarn I can knit something. Even if I don’t have a pattern I can knit up a quick pair of very basic socks. And I have to have some Debbie Bliss Pure Silk just for petting purposes.


3) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday?


I think my favorite place for vacation is Cape Cod. My grandparents moved up there when I was really young and built a house. Even before that we used to go up to Nickerson State Park in the summers and camp with them. So I’ve pretty much spent every summer (till this whole adult working thing) on the Cape. It was so much fun when we used to camp up there before they built the house. They used to setup a little cleaning station and I would make the water all bubbly and do the dishes all day long. This story shocks Carl because now I will not touch the dishes and he has to clean them all. I never liked washing dishes I just liked the bubbles. I also remember sleeping in the camper with my dad because I was too young to sleep in the tent with my brother and my cousin Jeff. I would lie there next to my dad (6’3” probably close to 200 lbs) and think “if he rolls over I’m dead!”. He’s since told me that he used to lie there thinking “If I roll over she’s dead!” its nice to know we were both aware of the potential dangers of our sleeping arrangements. We had so much fun on those camping trips, maybe that's why I love camping even now. We kids would go to the store and buy as much Big League Chew as we could afford and see how much we could chew at one time, we’d swim in the ponds and be a general menace to society. Oh and we'd go to the drive-in...I love the drive-in Once they built the house the only thing that changed was that we got to shower more frequently. I still love going up there to see my Gram. In fact, all my knitting has inspired her to get back to her knitting and she’s started making hats for her church to give out to those in need. But what she really wants to do is make socks just like her granddaughter...I'm going to turn my Gram into a sockwhore soon! My Gram is awesome!


4) Where is one place you'd like to go?


One place? Just one?? Oh there are so many but I think the one place I really want to see if Vietnam, or maybe Tibet, or India…or Morocco…I’d love to see the Temples of the Black Pharaohs in the Sudan but that doesn’t look like it will happen anytime soon…oh there are just too many fun and interesting places in the world…can say everywhere?



Oh yah there’s a contest you should check out over at Monniblog she’s celebrating her 1,000th post…crazy huh?

No comments: