There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Taking that next step

The somewhat cowl is winding down. I have another 2.5 inches of ribbing to knit and then I can bindoff and start the finishing. When my big, non-sock projects, are nearing completion I usually start to think about the next one and this time is no different. I purchased my second Elizabeth Zimmerman book Knitting without Tears a few weeks back and since then I have been wanting to design my own seamless EZ sweater with some fair isle type yoke. I purchased two Shelia McGregor books (Traditional Fair Isle Knitting and Traditinal Scandinavian Knitting) the other day on amazon and they arrived today. I'm eager to sit down and read through these and start designing. It will take awhile before I will have a tolerable plan for this sweater and maybe this is a huge undertaking for my first design project but I'm really looking forward to the challenge. I'm sure there will be many nights spent cursing my yarn and needles but I can't wait. The finish product could be rather lovely and I know it could also be hideous but I'm just going to have to sit back and see what happens.



Happy Friday people! And happy knitting!

No comments: