There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

The weekend

The boyfriend and I have had a fun filled weekend (Coney Island and late birthday party drinking with old friends) and we're trying to recover so he's at the gym. He's crazy but we can talk about that another time. I'm recovering by finishing my bootees. One is about done and I have one more to assemble. I'm actually a little disappointed with them but I think it's the pattern. I just don't like how they end up looking. Here's a preview:





I think I'm going to just finish them and maybe try again with smaller needles and maybe finger-weight yarn. Then I think I will try to manipulate the pattern so that the bootees come out a little smaller. I just think that the baby that will fit in these will be so big that they might as well wear shoes. And I don't like how they trim the edges. You cast on and the cast off and use that as some sort of piping and I don't like it. I think I'm going to find a nicer trim.

I also promised pictures of the baby blanket that took me forever to complete and finally got me hooked on knitting so here it is:

(I said it was huge)

My journey on Friday to find the knitting store I knew was in the area but couldn't find listed anywhere was found! It is on first avenue between 65th and 66th streets. I knew I wasn't crazy. The only problem was that in August the store is apparently only open from 12-6pm on Wednesdays so that was a bummer. I did walk the rest of the way home stopping into a couple neat boutiques and did a little shopping which I haven't done in a really long time which was fun.
All in all its been a great weekend!

If the new yarn doesn't arrive tomorrow I swear I don't know what I'm going to do. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: