There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Monday, October 27, 2008

EUREKA!

I finally figured out the support spindle!! And by "figured it out" I mean that I stalked Cat from LetKnit2Gether.com on plurk and asked her if she had any pointers. Apparently you need to hold the fiber at about a 45 degree angle from the tip of the sindle. Once you hit the correct angle the twist will actually start to travel up the leader/fiber. I kept trying to spin at a 90 degree angle and the twist never came. I nearly chucked thing across the room it was so frustrating. But now that I know, I'm making things yarn not pretty yarn but yarn all the same. So I should say a very big THANK YOU to Cat for helping me out (not that she read the blog but I still want to put that out there). I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't figure the little bugger out. THANK YOU CAT!

1 comment:

CAT said...

Glad that I was able to enable/help! Have fun making yarn!