There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Exhausted

Friday night we left at 6pm and drove from our little apartment in NYC and drove straight through the night to the Outer Banks (North Carolina) for a friends wedding. We arrived at 3 am and collasped. We woke up on Saturday and set about finding a sausage biscuit for breakfast because whenever I'm in the South that's all I want. We loaded up on food, headed back to the hotel and got ready for the wedding. It was a beautiful small wedding on the beach. It was warm but the wind was insane, by nightfall we were all freezing. Regardless of the temperature the we partied late into the night. I woke up this early this morning and decided to let Carl sleep in. I grabbed a coffee and head to the beach for some early morning reflections. I always loved the beach, especially in the morning when most people are still inside sleeping or eating breakfast. There is nothing better than feeling the rush of wind off the sea, hearing the waves beat the shore and tasting the salty air first thing in the morning. I wish I could wake up like this every morning.


Eventually, Carl woke up and we hopped in the car and drove home. So a 1,000 miles later I have one completed Winter Twilight Mittin and the second one started. I think the model in the pattern has smaller hands than I do but I like them and can't wait to have a pair.

Now that we're home we're having a much deserved cocktail, watching something on the Dust Bowl and crashing...I hope you all had an eventful weekend too!

1 comment:

choo choo knits said...

We did that drive - broke it into two days.

You guys are YOUNG and CRAZY for doing it all in one "sitting"

Can't wait to catch up more tomorrow!