There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Connecting to Generations

Painting by Artist Rania Hassan

I'm feeling very womanly tonight. The boyfriend has something, he's been vomiting all day and has a fever of 101. So tonight I sit by his bedside (which is our bedside but I'm not getting in there with all those germs) nursing him back to health. And while I nurse I knit. I'm feeling very connected with the many generations of women who have probably sat in a similar situation knitting away the hours and worries while they take care of their loved ones. Of course they weren't living in sin but times have changed, thank goodness!
While you're at it check out the artist's blog: http://goshdarnknit.blogspot.com/ she has some great pieces for sale. Might pick one up as a present to myself for my upcoming birthday. We'll see!

No comments: