There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

In my dreams

When I was in Alexandria, VA last weekend we went through the old torpido factory which is now being used as artist studio space. Each artist has their own little studio space where you can watch them work and see their art. I wish I could find a small space of my own somewhere in this city to setup a studio. Unfortunately, dyeing yarn/roving isn't really considered "art" by those who would be able to provide space like that (oh and I don't live in Virginia) so I guess I will have to be content dreaming about it. It would be so lovely to have a little space to call my own with a large table/work surface, a stove and oven, a sink and nice lighting. It would be great if I didn't have to pack everything away into a plastic tub at the end of the day like I'm packing away part of me. Plus, it would just be nice to have a space of my own. 

Oh well, one day.

No comments: