There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Busy day

I spent a lot of time dyeing yesterday and got a lot done. Unfortunately, I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. I still need to dye up the samples for the March Phat Fiber Box I hope to be able to dye them this coming weekend. I brought home a bunch of cones and 1/2 pound hanks to split up this week. Hopefully I will have enough time in the evenings to get them ready for dyeing this weekend.

I did try a new blend of sock yarn this weekend and I'm in LOVE with it. It's a blend of superwash BFL and nylon. It's super soft and it takes color beautifully! I think I might switch to it as my main base yarn for socks. It really is a dream to work with. I also tried out some alpaca/merino roving which was very nice to work with too. So there will be some very new items coming into the shop this coming week so keep an eye out.

A new little friend arrived yesterday and I'm super excited he's finally here!

He came from Gourmetchefff over on etsy and he's perfect! Her shop is currently empty but it looks like you can custom order softies from her so check her out. What I think is really funny is that he looks a lot like Carl! We laughed about that for a while last night while he tried to make the same face as the Doctor. Oh and if you don't know this is David Tennant as Doctor Who then you need to bone-up on your dork-culture.

Today will be filled with studying, knitting and a little Inspector Lynley Season 3. I need to finish the sweater from the design workshop so I can move on to some of the other designs that keep popping into my head. I think I'm going to have to buy a notebook soon so I can write down all these ideas for patterns! I have a hat pattern in mind right now that I think will be really cool. I just need to buy the yarns and swatch it up to see if I'm right or not. I guess my mojo really is back because I'm super inspired by my knitting at present.

Have a great Sunday! It's beautiful out!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Happy Sunday!
I was spinning my masses of turquoise merino from Rhinebeck (I'm trying to finish it so I can try out your fiber from last fall) and have now lost the end. I looked for 1/2 an hour and I think I need to move on to what I actually have to do today...

I can't wait to see your sock yarn! And sometime we'll have to get together for SnB. It's just so silly that we are in the same city...