There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Moment of weakness

After a long day in the office mailing out tax documents to WAY too many investors (YAY Tax Season!) I decided to stop by the knitting store in our lobby, Stitches East, to check out their 50% sale. The store has been there for about 20 years or something like that and now its going out of business. I was weakened by my long day and because of that I bought 10 skeins of Noro Matsuri and 4 skeins of Kureyon Sock. I think I'm going to make Lady Eleanor from the Matsuri. I just need to find someone who owns Scarf Style so I can borrow it. The Kureyon Sock will be added to my pile being used for the babette blanket


Now I'm off to work on the new sweater I'm designing! I'm using 100% alpaca and I think it's just growing and growing so I hope it looks ok when I'm done. Otherwise I'm going to have a very expensive and warm tent to wear in the winter.

2 comments:

Code Purl said...

Oh no! I haven't even had a chance to check out Stitches East. Sounds like a good excuse to finally get myself over there.

Eliza said...

I've never been there either.
Is the sale really good? I've sworn off buying yarn as a New Year's resolution, so I'm not sure i can go...