There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Its been too long

I can’t believe it has been a week and a very busy one at that. Where to begin? Well our weekend away at Lizzie Borden’s house was great. No ghosts played with us though. I stayed up every night reading hoping someone or something would come out and play and it never happened. Carl told me that you can’t wait for them they’ll come when they come. Oh well. Some other people in the house had some “odd” things happen to them so I was a little jealous. Either way we had fun. We spent Saturday in Newport, RI touring The Breakers which used to be the Vanderbilt Estate. It was beautiful. Sunday we drove home and stopped at my dad’s for a late breakfast.


Me on the “death couch” where Mr. Borden was killed (not the real couch)


The beautiful Vanderbilt Estate, I think I could live there


Me at Lizzie’s grave, Carl wouldn’t let me lie down on it so I sat


This week has been a little crazy at work so I didn’t do much but work, read and knit. But on Thursday night we went to see Spamalot. Carl got me tickets for Valentine’s Day and I was totally excited. It was a great show. Clay Aiken (sp?) can’t really dance but boy can he sing.




As I mentioned before I did get some knitting done this week! I’m half way through the foot of the first of my Ocean Toes but I unfortunately have no pictures to show you. I did finish the stockings and I do have pictures!



They’re super cute and I feel like I really accomplished something. I also cast on for the Puffball Skirt from Couture Knit. I’m about 4 inches in and its going great. There are a lot of stitches in a round (the max will be 780!) so a round does take a while but its pretty simple knitting. Some yarn overs, some purling but mostly stockenette. I’m trying to figure out why this project is listed as an “advanced” project. Maybe it’s the knitting in the round? Either way I’m loving it and I can’t wait to show you all a finished skirt!


I promise to be better with the posting this week. First quarter is always awful at work but I will need the escape. I hope you all had a great week!

5 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

Your trip sounds like it was fun. I'd be the one to go to bed early so I don't encounter anything. :) The stockings look great and are so fun!! Glad you are well.

Code Purl said...

I love love love your stockings and even JF said they came out pretty cool which really says something!

soknitpicky said...

Cute stockings! You were brave at the Lizzie Borden house. I wouldn't have been staying up. Come to think of it, I don't think I'd even dare go :-)

Linda said...

That looked like a fun trip. Your long socks are amazing!

Knitting Up A Storm said...

They look amazing!!!!!!! I love them!! :)