There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I need a vent

Warning this has nothing to do with knitting so if you want to hear about knitting and nothing else turn away now otherwise enjoy

Women who still quote Sex and the City in their AIM away messages make me want to puke a little. I HATED this girl in high school for just being annoying (and have a 4 Ferraris at the age of about 13) and she has the following quote on her AIM away message


But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.”


Currently, she’s also dating my ex. He was/is a total asshole so she can have him. He was my High School crush, Mr. Sexy QB. Never date your crush. It ruins a perfectly good fantasy. Whether or not I liked him in the end is beside the point. She’s awful. I’m probably jealous of her but I’m never going to fully admit this to myself because that would just be wrong! I’m way too grown up to be jealous of the rich girl who tried to steal my 7th grade boyfriend and is currently dating my ex…do I sound jealous? Of course not! I’m above it. Maybe I just don’t like positive upbeat TV show quotes…or maybe I just don’t like the girl.


Now all this completely pointless hatred makes me think about this whole grownup thing. Am I grownup? Will I ever grow out of the rivalries I’ve had forever? When I think about it this reminds me of The Jane Austen Book Club when the high school French teacher character gets mad at her husband for talking to her high school rival at her mother’s funeral. He tells her high school is over. Her rebuttal, “HIGH SCHOOL IS NEVER OVER!” Is this true? If it is, can we ever really grow up if we can’t let go of the silly things that happened in the past? We know these things are childish and meaningless in our current “adult” lives but for some reason many of us, myself included, seem to be drawn into them still even if just for a fleeting minute. Why is that?


After all this I’m going to say to Ms. Ferrai, I’m sorry I still hate you, you don’t deserve it and frankly I have no idea who you are anymore so it’s really not fair. There is not just reason for all this, bear with me as a growup.


I feel a little better now.

No comments: