There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Thursday, September 6, 2007

The First Meeting

Last night was my first meeting with the knitting group and I must say I enjoyed myself. It was nice to KIP with other knitters and not alone. I actually feel like people stare less when there are multiple knitters as opposed to one person knitting alone at Starbucks. It was very nice and the leader, Jen, was very sweet, knowledgeable and helpful.

This is the scarf I started for last night's meeting. Its going to take me a while to finish it mainly because I really don't want to make another scarf but what boyfriend wants, boyfriend gets (with this only).





I'm not far from the first stripe and what is nice about doing this in the round is that I don't have to worry too much about the weaving in the tails since the tube will just be folded in half to become a double thickness scarf and the end sewn up with tassels. I like that!
I've started knitting on the bus to and from work which is nice. I love when people stare at me while I'm knitting. I think its shocking to see someone my age knitting. I like to stop and look at the staring people sometimes because they get uncomfortable when they realize that I know they're watching. I get a kick out of it.
I've been having trouble sleeping lately. I guess I'm stressed about something but I can't figure out what. You'd think the knitting would help with that but I guess there's something else going on. Hopefully I start sleeping soon because I'm becoming a bit delirious. Even writing this is hard. No more writing till I get some sleep.


No comments: