There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Its been a while

So I realized today that I haven't written in a while and I think its about time I do. Nothing in particular has been going on except a ton of work. It's Tuesday and I've already racked up 20 hours of work. Its going to be a very long week.
I have been knitting a lot more on the bus to and from work. I have been getting a lot of stares from strangers but I have been also making a lot of progress on the boyfriends scarf. I really want to be finished with it so I can move on to something else. I have four stripes done only...15 more to go!

I also got a new phone this weekend and I'm totally obsessed with it. Isn't it cute!

Sunday I went for a little walk while the boyfriend was off showing some apartments. I walked up to 84th street to check out The Wool Gathering. Its a really nice little store with floor to ceiling cubbies of yarn. The lady who was working there Sunday was very nice and talkative. She was helpful but had a little bit of an attitude. I don't think she was trying to be mean I just think she was very New York, quick talking and blunt. But she was helpful and definitely knew her stuff. They had some wonderful yarns there. I picked up some sock yarn to go with my dp that I bought to make socks so one day I will actually start making pair. I also picked up some fun green yarn to make a hat for the boyfriend as well as 6 balls of Debbie Bliss cashmere blended yarn in midnight blue. I had no idea what I would make with it but it was so soft and pretty. I got home and furiously started going through all my knitting mags and books for something to make. I found a fun vest pattern and I think that's what I'm going to make with it...one of these days.
So it looks like I have more projects than I have time to complete...I will complete them though!!

No comments: