There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Will this week every end?

I decided to start knitting on the bus again this morning since the flair jacket is a little smaller and lighter than the skirt had been these last few weeks. I waited and waited this morning for a bus and god rewarded my patience with a totally empty bus stopping at my stop. I got a single seat and started knitting. I was having a simply marvelous morning commute till about 2 stops from my office when the cord of my knit picks options came right out AGAIN! I had fixed the other end before starting the jacket and now the good end is broken. Somehow I managed to save my stitches but this was just a little too much excitement for me especially before coffee. So after a very long day of work I have to fix my option again before I can knit anymore. I'm tempted to run out and buy some addis and just say fuck the option but I love them too much to give up on them now.

Oh and I learned today that STP is getting back together, pretty sweet.

And what's this about MagKnits being down? I must investigate...

6 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

STP is getting back together? Awesome!

Maria said...

Hey (Maria from the UES Knitting Group, I came with Sarah) - I was concerned with MagKnits being down too - if you go to the main page, it gives you info on why the site closed. Such a bummer really - I just printed a pattern from there two days ago, so in away just in the nick of time (need to finish a christening blanket by April 27!).

soknitpicky said...

Alyssa, you can call Knit Picks. I only have 1 set of Options, the size 4, and mine were always coming unscrewed. I had bought them quite awhile ago, but regardless, Knit Picks sent out replacements. I didn't have to mail anything back.

Linda said...

What a pain with the knitpicks needle. I like the bag your mum made you!

Teresa said...

Yarg! The same thing happened to me too (although mine are Denise needles).

choo choo knits said...

MagKnits is down...WHAT THE?!?!

The skirt is beautiful - you did an amazing job!

And please - call KnitPicks asap - enough is enough with the "quick fixes" you've been doing my friend

I've only been at work 1 day and the week is already long!!!