There's a bit of a sale at the shop!!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Whoa we're halfway there...

One more sock done one more to go. I really love the colors and how they change! And I'm so psyched that I've finally figured out how to graft the toe properly (think you to the Teach Yourself Visually Knitting book, I couldn't do it without you). Now I just need to figure out where to start in this yarn so I can attempted to make a matching sock. If I can't I will just have to make two socks that look nothing like each other and I'm kind of ok with that.



I also bought Knitting America: A Glorious Heritage from Warm Socks to High Art by Susan M. Strawn today. I have been fingering this book in the bookstore for months and I finally just broke down and bought it. Its really interesting. I'm fascinated by the history of knitting and this will hopefully be the first of many books on this subject. The pictures are wonderful. I'm trying to be good and not peak ahead but I can't help myself.

I also found these wristlets I made years ago when we were cleaning out the little storage loft we have. I think they were made with that moonlit mohair Lion Brand yarn but I can't remember. They're those really simple wristlets you make from a rectangle you just stitch up the side and leave a thumb opening. I forgot how warm these things are and how fun!




We also picked up a few books on Brazil. We are going away with Carl's family for Christmas/New Years. They have rented a huge house on the North coast and we're going to try and get some scuba diving in if we can. I can't wait.

6 comments:

ekgheiy said...

Whoahoho, those sure are some nice ankle socks!! I wonder if I have enough stash for a pair...

What pattern is that again?

NH Knitting Mama said...

I like your socks and wristlets! Nice knitting, my friend!

Can't wait to hear about your trip. Thanks for posting the "why" of it! I used to be a travel agent, so love hearing people's adventures.

Code Purl said...

Your socks looks great. I personally like starting them at different places in the stripe pattern. I think it adds more character that way.

Liz said...

Those socks are gorgeous! Lovely colours. Good luck on finding the start point!!

Cass said...

Brazil!!??? I'm insane with jealousy! Can I come?!

Knitting Up A Storm said...

THAT SOCKYARN IS FRUGIN' AMAZING!!!!!!!! I love it!! :)
You're getting good at socks, girl!